We have a new web site!

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Aug 9 19:56:47 CEST 2017

On Aug 9, 2017, at 7:48 PM, Niels Tomey <niels at ixs.ph> wrote:

> Agreed on this suggestion. I happen to work for an ISP, so we might look
> into using something like freeradius to allow / disallow subscribers to
> connect. We might also look into using freeradius to allow engineers to
> access the equipment that we deploy these clients. Of course we could also
> want to use freeradius in our office to allow people to connect to our
> internal WiFi.

  Yup.  All that makes sense.

  Once we make a little more progress on v4, we should allow for TACACS+, too.

> When I first saw the new website I thought that these buttons would
> introduce me to various use cases like this or to other scenarios. It could
> then further point to different parts of the documentation.

  That's a good idea, but that documentation has to be written.  :(

  And the short answer is that each ISP / Telco / Enterprise is different.  We can only give high-level overviews of what to do, and what not to do.