Logging TLS versions for TTLS/EAP

Sven Hartge sven at svenhartge.de
Sat Aug 12 14:56:08 CEST 2017

Hi!

To gather a deeper insight in what TLS versions are used by clients in
our wireless network, I want to log what MAC address uses what TLS
version (and maybe cipher algorithm, but that is secondary) during the
PEAP or TTLS handshake.

I guess a simple linelog would be sufficient for that task, but, I must
confess, I am a bit lost on what attributes to use for the TLS version
part, if there even *is* a way to log this information.

I'd appreciate a little push in the right direction.

Grüße,
Sven.