Remote users - proxying fails - NPS timeout

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Aug 21 12:51:07 CEST 2017

On Aug 21, 2017, at 11:57 AM, John Horne <john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk> wrote:
> I will look again at the filtering. Comparing the radius packets sent to a
> failed user authentication and one that did authenticate, showed no difference
> in the attribute names but obviously the values were different. The values in
> both looked okay though.

  If you send the PCAP as requested, I can take a look at the actual packets.  Looking at the debug output gives you text intended for most people.  The PCAP files may tell me a lot more.

> At the moment I'm keeping an eye on the network interface to see if packets are
> being dropped. I assume this would cause either end (FreeRADIUS and NPS) to
> timeout the proxied request! Again, not sure why it should suddenly happen when
> version 3.0.15 is used though. Probably a red-herring.

  Or, maybe 3.0.15 has *slightly different* packets that NPS gets upset over.  Differences which are not visible in the debug output.