Update on v4

Alan Buxey alan.buxey at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 14:14:50 CEST 2017

noted the commit..was going to ask, and this timely email reminds me

>   Home server pool *type = load-balance` gets replaced with 'unlang'
>
>     load-balance {
>         home_server_1
>         home_server_2
>         home_server_3
>     }

what about dealing with EAP - ie so that the request goes back to the
the same home_server instance? how is EAP load-balanced backends or
remote proxies dealt with ?

>   Or catch proxy failures:
>
>         home_server_1
>         if (fail) {
>                 linelog
>         }

handy - but what about the logic that marks that server as
dead/zombie?  can that call to home_server_1 be
avoided already if the state of that server is already known?

>         parallel {
>                 home_server_1
>                 home_server_2
>                 home_server_3
>         }
>
>   i.e. it sends packets t home_server_1, then 2, then 3.  It waits until it receives responses (or timeouts) from all of them.  It then continues with processing the request.

can it not carry on as soon as one reply gets back?

PS 'trivial to do' if you know the language and the tool. please
ensure you avoid the curse of knowledge ;-)

alan