Freeradius and Winbindd Issue

Kinglok Fong busywater at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 09:23:51 CEST 2017

> On 30 Aug 2017, at 6:18 AM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 3:41 AM, Kinglok Fong <busywater at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> The error is deep inside of Samba code.
>>>
>>> My guess is you're using a version of Samba which isn't compatible with rlm_winbind.
>>>
>>> Alan DeKok.
>>>

>> I am using the latest stable version of Samba 4.6.7.  Please advise which version of Samba that freeradius will be compatible with.
>

> Can you try ubuntu xenial and use the samba package on its repo
> (4.3.11)? If it works, it should help narrow down the problem.
>
> You can also use my ppa
> (https://launchpad.net/~freeradius/+archive/ubuntu/stable-3.0) to
> install FR-3.0.15, so the test shouldn't need any compiling/manual
> package building.
>
> --
> Fajar

Okay, I have used another machine to compile from source, Samba 4.5.11 and freeradius 3.0.15.

The use of winbind is successful.

Surely, it involves Samba 4.6.7 changes from Samba 4.5.11.  I am not sure if the winbind API is changed or not.  But the libtalloc library of both samba versions are different also.

Kinglok, Fong