freeradius seeing anonymous identity as username

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Dec 4 16:34:30 CET 2017

On Dec 4, 2017, at 10:10 AM, osman tuzcu <osmantuzcu at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to authenticate the user for accessing internet via switch.
>
> radius-server host 207.154.250.140 key "123"
> aaa authentication port-access eap-radius
> aaa port-access authenticator 7-11
> aaa port-access authenticator active

  That configures the switch, but doesn't configure the User-Name.

> In all sources it is said that these commands are sufficient. When I run
> these commands and plug my computer between ports 7 and 11, the user
> confirmation screen appears. But when I enter the username and password, i
> see anonymous on the debug

  When you enter a username on the switch, the switch MUST send that as the User-Name in the RADIUS packet.

  Again, no amount of poking FreeRADIUS will fix the switch.  Contact the switch vendor, or read the switch documentation.

  Or, throw the switch in the garbage, and buy one that works...