[ANN] EAP-AKA' and FreeRADIUS as an AuC in v4.0.x

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Dec 12 20:08:37 CET 2017

EAP-AKA' is now available in FreeRADIUS v4.0.x HEAD.  All optional components are supported except fast re-authentication which'll be added soon.

In addition to EAP-AKA' FreeRADIUS can now perform the duties of an AuC, generating AKA quintuplets and SIM triplets using a subscriber key (Ki) and a derived operator code (OPc).

The AuC SIM algorithms available for EAP-SIM are:

- COMP128v1
- COMP128v2
- COMP128v3
- COMP128v4 (Milenage)

The AuC SIM algorithms available for EAP-AKA are:

- Milenage

In most cases this functionality should only be used for testing, and the rlm_sigtran module, rlm_rest module or a diameter proxy should be used to acquire triplets or quintuplets.

If anyone knows of any other extensions to EAP-SIM, EAP-AKA or EAP-AKA['], or additional SIM algorithms they'd like implemented, let me know and i'll see if I can add them in.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS Development Team