After Upgrade from freeradius 2 to 3 (Debian 8 - 9): TLS Alert write:fatal:unsupported certificate

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Thu Dec 21 11:08:29 CET 2017

Hi,

> is there a possible way, to ignore all certificates in ttls and send an accept??

paraphrased, you ask "Is there a way to throw overboard all security,
and to make my users susceptible to MITM attacks?"

Surprisingly, the answer is "Yes, that's the default behaviour." A
non-configured supplicant will typically accept all certificates thrown
at it, at best with a UI question like "Do you think that cert is okay?"

That's a client-side problem though - FreeRADIUS always needs to *send*
a server certificate.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--