Freeradius 3.0.15 + redis

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Dec 21 17:43:27 CET 2017

On Dec 21, 2017, at 11:41 AM, Bassem Mettichi <mettichi at gmail.com> wrote:
> i have installed freeradius 3.0.15 + redis database, i would like to do
> authenfication and accounting with redis database when i add rediswho in
> authorize section

  Why are you adding it there?

  You can't put random things into the configuration.  The documentation and default configuration explains what each module does, and how it can be used.

> i get this error:
>
> /opt/freeradius/v.3.0.15/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[417]: "rediswho"
> modules aren't allowed in 'authorize' sections -- they have no such method.
> /opt/freeradius/v.3.0.15/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[274]: Errors
> parsing authorize section.
>
> any one has an idea about this error and how we can resolve it?

  Why do you expect that you can list "rediswho" in the "authorize" section, and that it will magically do what you want?

  What did you expect it to do there?