rlm_perl + redis database

Nathan Ward lists+freeradius at daork.net
Thu Dec 28 11:21:12 CET 2017

> On 28/12/2017, at 10:42 PM, Bassem Mettichi <mettichi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> hello,
>
> iam actuyally using redis database to store data, i need your help to
> implement a perl function to connect to redis database and using it for
> atthentication mean access requests ( autorisation and authentication)
> please could someoene give a hand and help me i have any idea about perl
> programming.

We have all read several times that you’d like to use Redis, and we’ve seen how you’ve arrived at that decision. I think that most users are already filtering your emails.

I think you need to engage a professional consultant or similar to help you with this project. You have asked several times on this list for things which make it obvious that you have a very limited understanding of the scope of the questions you are asking - this sort of work (i.e. an authentication system) should not be done by someone who is putting together a solution without a good understanding of what they are doing, and why they are doing it. I think you mentioned MSISDN in the past, which indicates to me the area of the industry you work in, and that is a concern.

I would suggest finding someone with FreeRADIUS skills and explain to them what you are trying to achieve and any constraints - i.e. your NAS, what experience you want your users to have, how fast it needs to go, and what data and systems you currently have. Do not suggest solutions such as “use redis” or anything like that - let them propose a solution to you based on your requirements.
You previously mentioned that your MariaDB solution was too slow - perhaps your FreeRADIUS expert you engage can help you with that first, and identify real world performance limitations for your environment once they have optimised your database infrastructure. If this is possible, this would be significantly simpler than replacing your database.

--
Nathan Ward