Upgrading to FreeRADIUS-3.x

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Dec 29 15:24:32 CET 2017

On Dec 29, 2017, at 3:58 AM, kiran kumar <kirankumar9856 at gmail.com> wrote:

> We would like to stick with C++ modules as these are custom modules created
> to meet the requirements and are verified.

  i.e. they are YOUR modules.  Not our modules.  So it's not really our issue to fix them, is it?

  And I'll agree with Nathan here.  If you're porting the modules from v2 to v3, they are no longer "verified".

> I have updated the module code
> as per standards of FR-v3.x and got stuck with below issues.

  If you're familiar with C++ you should be able to fix those issues.  If you can't fix those issues, you should find someone (not us) who can.

> looks like FR source code needs to be updated to make it compatible with
> C++ modules.

  That's your problem, not ours.

  I'll repeat:

>>  What you're doing now is really creating a private / proprietary fork of
>> FreeRADIUS, and then asking us to support it.  That's not something we can
>> really help you with.

  If you want to send us a patch that changes names (virtual, new, etc.), we can take a look.

  But past that, it's your code, and your problem.  If you're not willing to contribute the modules back to the community, then the community has no reason to help you.