How to use sqlcounter to disconnect a user after reaching the daily quota?

Houman houmie at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 18:42:19 CET 2017

Hi Nathan,

I have done quite a bit of research and found this
<https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=105880&sid=8eec19d12eec19f401d5386ca5a59468#p527331>.
I have adjusted his solution to the latest version of Radius and was hoping
to run it through with you.

*vim /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/default*

authorize {
        totalbytecounter{
                reject = 1
        }
        if(reject){
        update reply {
                Reply-Message := "ZAIB-RADIUS-REPLY - You have reached your
bandwidth limit"
        }
        reject

*vim /etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/sqlcounter*

sqlcounter totalbytecounter {
        sql_module_instance = sql
        dialect = ${modules.sql.dialect}

        counter_name = My-Total-Limit
        check_name = My-Total-Limit
        reply_name = My-Total-Limit

        key = User-Name
        reset = never
        query = "SELECT ((SUM(AcctInputOctets)+SUM(AcctOutputOctets))) FROM
radacct WHERE UserName='%{%k}'"

}

Now in database:

INSERT INTO radcheck (username,attribute,op,VALUE) VALUES
('0799a559-1426-478a-b46a-a33f1198cd24','My-Total-Limit',':=','100000');

After restarting everything, I get these errors when running freeradius -X

/etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/sqlcounter[41]: Counter attribute
My-Total-Limit MUST be integer64
/etc/freeradius/mods-enabled/sqlcounter[41]: Instantiation failed for
module "totalbytecounter"

How do know why it doesn't accept the counter?

Many Thanks,
Houman