Session-Timeout Problem

Selahattin Cilek selahattin_cilek at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 2 10:24:57 CET 2017

I'll try to keep this as simple as I can.

I am using FreeRADIUS 2.2.8. When I set the "Session-Timeout := 600" for
a user, the NAS is supposed to renew the session every 10 minutes. My
Unifi AP recognises the attribute and actually DOES terminate the first
session when it times out after 10 minutes. The problem is that it
terminates only the first session, the second session lasts until the
NAS reboots, the user logs out or shuts down the host. This means a user
could exceed his quota if he keeps his wireless connection alive. There
are some users that exceed their 7GB weekly quota by 6 GBs! Should I
blame the AP firmware for this or is it a bug in FreeRADIUS 2.2.8?

NB: I could send more detailed TCPDUMP and MySQL information for those
who are interested.

Thank you in advance.

---