Accouting of Freeradius DHCP

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Feb 2 15:43:47 CET 2017

On Feb 2, 2017, at 8:40 AM, Nataniel Klug <nataniel.klug at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've set up a Freeradius 3 as a Dynamic DHCP Server for my network and I am
> trying to make it work with accouting but I am not being able to understand
> where to set this up to right Accouting information on MySQL radacct.

  The NAS sends accounting packets.  Generally after the user is authenticated via RADIUS.

  There are no provisions in DHCP for doing accounting over DHCP.

  You probably need to do RADIUS authentication, then accounting, and finally DHCP.  You can usually set up MAC authentication on a wired network, and then just have FreeRADIUS always return Access-Accept, no matter what the MAC.  That's probably the simplest thing to start with.