Session-Timeout Problem

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Feb 2 16:53:49 CET 2017

On Feb 2, 2017, at 9:59 AM, Selahattin Cilek <selahattin_cilek at hotmail.com> wrote:

> This is what I have been expecting for quite some time, but I was hoping
> you wouldn't take it to such extremes as dumping thousands of dollars'
> worth of fine equipment.

  20 years of experience shows that answer is the best one to convince people that the problem isn't FreeRADIUS.

  If we say "upgrade your NAS", we get responses of "there's no newer firmware", or "the vendor is out of business", etc.

  i.e. pretty much any other answer gets excuses, evasions, and continued blaming of FreeRADIUS.

  No, it's not FreeRADIUS.  It's the NAS.

> The logic dictates that the NAS learn what it
> is supposed to do from FreeRADIUS and behave accordingly. I have already
> contacted with Ubiquiti Networks PR and I believe their firmware
> development have confirmed this to be a bug in the firmware. They said
> they were going to address the issue.

  That would be good.