Session-Timeout Problem

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Feb 2 20:23:30 CET 2017

On Feb 2, 2017, at 1:30 PM, Selahattin Cilek <selahattin_cilek at hotmail.com> wrote: the RADIUS

>> packets to see the content when the re-auth is sent?
> Yes, I have captured and checked RADIUS authentication and accounting
> packets three times:
>  tcpdump -n -vvv -i em1 src or dst host 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.2.3 and
> src or dst port 1812 or 1813
>
> The Session-Timeout appears at the beginning of the 1st session only:
> "Session Timeout Attribute (27), length: 6, Value: 10:00 min"

  Then you configured the server to only send Session-Timeout on the first packet.

  The server does NOT send Session-Timeout by default.  So if it does... you edited it.  If the server sends Session-Timeout at the wrong time... you told it to send Session-Timeout at the wrong time.

  Then, configure the server to send Session-Timeout correctly.

  I'll note that in all of this, you don't describe what you want to do.  You ask how to fix a particular problem.  This is usually the wrong approach.  If you describe what you want and what you have, we can probably suggest a solution that will work.

  If you keep asking questions which may very well be irrelevant, we won't be able to help you.  And we don't know if the questions are relevant (or not), because you're not describing what you want and what you have.