The Class attributed is missing in some accounting packets sent from the same NAS.

Selahattin Cilek selahattin_cilek at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 7 17:30:03 CET 2017

On 07.02.2017 19:23, Alan DeKok wrote:
>> On Feb 7, 2017, at 11:20 AM, Selahattin Cilek <selahattin_cilek at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have been experimenting with the Class  attribute to obtain the user's
>> true identity in order to do accounting and I realised that accounting
>> packets arriving from some users do not have this attribute.
>    a) the server isn't sending a Class for that user
Could that be related the "raddb"s encoding? The characters 'I','ı','İ'
and 'i' always cause problems in Turkish computing environments.

> or
>
>    b) the NAS is receiving the Class, and then not sending it back
That was what came to my mind at first. But why is the same NAS sending
it back for the other users? (You received the tcpdump output, right? I
can't see it in your reply.)

>    Alan DeKok.
>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html