Problem setting eduroam

Michael Hocke mh103 at nyu.edu
Thu Feb 9 02:21:55 CET 2017

> On Feb 8, 2017, at 5:17 AM, Olivier <Olivier.Nicole at cs.ait.ac.th> wrote:
>
> I can use my university credentials to authenticate to eduroam when I am
> on the university network, but it does not work when I am in CS
> department network. I don't know if it is working anywhere else in the
> world.

That looks like the RADIUS server that is responsible for authenticating your CS network does not proxy the requests for non-CS usernames correctly. I am not familiar with Thailand and it could be that the upstream proxy does not allow authentication of users with subdomains of the institutional domain (cs.ait.ac.th versus ait.ac.th), i.e. it wouldn’t “reflect” it back to your campus-wide service. You probably have to proxy user at ait.ac.th directly to the university server instead of upstream.

- Michael