framed-ipv6-address aware queries.conf file for FR 3.0.13

Alex Sharaz alex.sharaz at york.ac.uk
Fri Feb 10 16:13:22 CET 2017

I've just set up a test wireless network that assigns users IPv6
addresses.  From an Airheads page I found the following re IPv6 accounting
:-
==============

Pre 6.5, we can only perform authentication/authorization of IPv6 clients.
Starting Aruba OS 6.5, we have the capability to monitor the bandwidth
usage of the clients with IPv6 addresses.

* We are following RFC 6911 which defines the attributes to be used for
IPv6 access networks.

* The *Framed-IPv6-Address* is the key attribute and will be used in
accounting start, stop and interim packets.

* With IPv6 implementation, it is possible for a single host to have
multiple IPv6 addresses.

* We now have ability to track the usage of each and every IPv6 entry.

A host can have both IPv4 andIPv6 addresses. Following behavior is expected
in the mentioned scenarios-

*With one IPv6 address:*
  Start, stop and interim update messages are sent for the only IPv6
address.

*With one each IPv4 and IPv6 address:*
  Start, stop and interim update messages are sent for both IPv4 and IPv6
address.

*With multiple IPv6 address:*
  Start, stop and interim update messages are sent for each of the IPv6
addresses.

*With multiple IPv6 and multiple IPv4 address:*

  Start, stop and interim update messages are sent for each of the IPv6
addresses.

  Start message is sent only for the first IPv4 address.

  Interim updates are sent for all the IPv4 addresses.

  •Stop message is sent only for the last IPv4 entry.

=======

however looking at both  queries.conf and schema.conf , there doesn't seem
to be any reference to supporting IPv6 addresses via the Framd-ipv6-address
attribute.

Tried looking at the FR v4 source for queries.conf and schema.conf on
github and there's no reference to Framed-IPv6-Adddress there either.

Is this something I've got to roll out myself?

Rgds

Alex