Multiple shared secret per IP?

Chris Taylor (chtaylo2) chtaylo2 at cisco.com
Mon Feb 20 19:34:08 CET 2017

I found an interesting work around for anyone interested.
If you have a need to have dual secret keys per IP address, the following seems to work:

1.) Create a new listener in sites-enabled/default
a. You’ll want to listen on a different port
b. Enable:  clients = per_socket_clients
2.) In your clients.conf add:

clients per_socket_clients {
       client socket_client {
               ipaddr = XX.XX.XX.XX
               secret = Monitor_Agent

The default listener will continue to use the normal client shortname, while the new listener will use the secret key from socket client. This probably isn’t want this is intended for, but does work!