Using radtest on port 1645

Brett Glasson Brett.Glasson at max.com.au
Thu Feb 23 21:52:34 CET 2017

From: Brian Candler [mailto:b.candler at pobox.com]

> You want:

>     radtest test testpass 1.2.3.4:1645 1 testing123

> This sets the UDP destination port to 1645, and the NAS-Port attribute to 1

> One other thing: if you are rebuilding this system to replace an ancient FreeRADIUS, please go straight to 3.0.12. FreeRADIUS 2.x is also ancient and although it works, you will get little support for it. The first problem you come across, the most likely response you'll get will be "upgrade to 3.0.12"!

Thanks Brian

The server is part of a legacy LAMP stack that is running in maintenance mode for another 12 months while a replacement is implemented. This particular radius server is incredibly basic and just provides a single credential for a single upstream host. The rest of the stack is CentOS 6 and the Freeradius version I'm using is the standard CentOS binary. Rather than go and build radiusd from source for a temporary arrangement with such a basic use case I decided to just go with a simple setup. It will all be switched off in 12 months or so anyway.

Thanks again

Regards
Brett