local user file authentication does not work

Adam Bishop Adam.Bishop at jisc.ac.uk
Tue Jan 24 10:29:16 CET 2017

On 24 Jan 2017, at 04:16, Seiichirou Hiraoka <seiichirou.hiraoka at gmail.com> wrote:
> radtest at eduroam.test.edu Cleartext - Password: = "test"

The whitespace here is wrong - is it in the file like this, or is it just your MUA butchering it? The line should look like:

radtest at eduroam.test.edu	Cleartext-Password := "test"
-------------------------------------^ tab here

> Looking at the log (/var/log/radius/radius.log),
> files seems to be noop and is not recognized.

You've not posted enough information to fully diagnose the problem - FreeRADIUS makes multiple passes through the virtual server (pre-proxy/authZ/authN/postN/post-proxy) with each request, so we need to see the entire log.

> - update control {
> - Proxy - To - Realm: = LOCAL
> -}

Are you sure you want to do this?

> + Ntlm_auth

If you're using AD as your backend, and you want to use the static users file in addition there's a little more config you'll need to get it production ready:

  https://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/Combining-authentication-of-AD-accounts-ntlm-auth-with-accounts-stored-elsewhere
  https://wiki.freeradius.org/guide/NTLM-Auth-with-PAP-HOWTO

http://deployingradius.com/ is always a good resource to use as well.

Regards,

Adam Bishop

  gpg: E75B 1F92 6407 DFDF 9F1C  BF10 C993 2504 6609 D460

jisc.ac.uk