v3.0.12 SSL session resumption

Chris Howley C.P.Howley at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Jan 31 13:59:05 CET 2017

Hi,

I'm configuring FR 3.0.12 and I'm unable to get SSL session resumption / fast reauthentication
to work. The first authentication caches the Stripped-User-Name.

(9) eap_peap: Received EAP-TLV response
(9) eap_peap: Success
(9) eap_peap:     caching Stripped-User-Name = "XXXXXX"
(9) eap_peap: Failed to find 'persist_dir' in TLS configuration.  Session will not be cached on disk.
(9) eap: Sending EAP Success (code 3) ID 9 length 4
(9) eap: Freeing handler
(9)     [eap] = ok
(9)   } # authenticate = ok
(9) # Executing section post-auth from file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default

The second auth doesn't appear to use the cache but continues to phase 2 auth protocol. I'm I failing to
return  the relevant attributes required for session resumption / fast reauthentication to work?

Thanks,

Chris Howley

In the post-auth section of site-enabled/inner-tunnel

      #
        #  Instead of "use_tunneled_reply", uncomment the
        #  next two "update" blocks.
        #
        update {
                &outer.session-state: += &reply:
        }

        #
        #  These attributes are for the inner session only.
        #  They MUST NOT be sent in the outer reply.
        #
        #  If you uncomment the previous block and leave
        #  this one commented out, WiFi WILL NOT WORK,
        #  because the client will get two MS-MPPE-keys
        #
        update outer.session-state {
                MS-MPPE-Encryption-Policy !* ANY
                MS-MPPE-Encryption-Types !* ANY