Home server stats

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jul 4 18:40:20 CEST 2017

All,

I'm poking at a difference b/w 2.2.x and 3.0.x, specifically using a
stats query of the following form:

FreeRADIUS-Statistics-Type = 0x81
FreeRADIUS-Stats-Server-IP-Address = 194.83.56.233
FreeRADIUS-Stats-Server-Port = 1812
Message-Authenticator = 0x00

...which returns an empty success packet on 3.x but works on 2.2.x. A
quick gdb session suggests that home_server_find is returning null in
stats.c:

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v3.0.x/src/main/stats.c#L742

...but I am sure that the home server is defined in proxy.conf:

home_server roaming1 {
         type            = auth
         ipaddr          = 194.83.56.233
         port            = 1812
         secret          = <secret>
         status_check    = status-server
         num_answers_to_alive = 3
}

home_server_pool eduroam {
         type = client-port-balance
         home_server = roaming0
         home_server = roaming1
         home_server = roaming2
}

realm EDUROAM {
	auth_pool = eduroam
	nostrip
}

Interestingly "radmin" shows the stats as "unknown" continually as far
as I can tell, but does know about the server:

radmin> show home_server list
194.83.56.233	1812	udp	auth	unknown	0

Is there some obvious config I'm missing?

Cheers,
Phil