Freeradius Proxy - Framed IP Address Accounting attribute

Byron Jeffery byronjeffery at cem.org.au
Wed Jul 12 08:21:23 CEST 2017

Hi Matthew

I have successfully managed to get the Freeradius DHCP server with a single
subnet linked to MySQL radius database.

However, I have been stumped by an issue whereby a wireshark capture shows
the client sending out a DHCP Discover, the Freeradius DHCP server replying
with a DHCP-Offer with the correct IP address, but am not seeing the Offer
in the wireshark capture and hence the client not receiving the IP address
allocation.
My freeradius version is 3.0.12.
I am unsure of where else to look and was wondering if you may have any
further suggestions.

   - Kind Regards

   - Byron Jeffery
   - ICT Helpdesk Coordinator

------------------------------

   - Phone:0243636107
   - Mobile:043 230 7030
   - Fax:(07) 3889 7245
   - Office:Suite 304, 200 The Central Coast Hwy, Erina NSW 2250
   - Postal:PO Box 3101, Caboolture BC QLD 4510

------------------------------

The content of this message is provided without responsibility in law for
their accuracy or otherwise, and without assumption of a duty of care by
Australian Christian College. Whilst every attempt has been made to ensure
that material contained in this email is free from computer viruses or
other defects, the attached files are provided, and may only be used, on
the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for use of the material
transmitted. This email is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity names above and may contain information that is confidential and
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us
immediately by return email and destroy the original message.