EAP-TLS and EAP-PEAP with different authentication/authorization settings

John Meyers john+freeradius at themeyers.us
Wed Jul 12 20:48:58 CEST 2017

(resending -- forgot to cc mailing list)

Alan,

You are of course correct - this works just fine in the post-auth area
of the default virtual server.  However, is there any reason that
radiusprofile attributes (such as VLAN override) would not be honored if
done in this manner?

In my ldap-machine definition I have:
    update {
                reply:Tunnel-Private-Group-ID   :=
'radiusTunnelPrivategroupId'
        }
    profile {
       filter = "(objectclass=radiusprofile)"
    }

The client's LDAP entry contains:
objectClass: radiusprofile
radiusTunnelPrivateGroupId: 104

And debug output shows:

(10)  ldap-machine : Performing search in
'ou=computers,dc=example,dc=com' with filter '(cn=TESTMACHINE)', scope 'sub'
(10)  ldap-machine : Waiting for search result...
(10)  ldap-machine : User object found at DN
"cn=TESTMACHINE,ou=endpoints,dc=example,dc=com"
rlm_ldap (ldap-machine): Released connection (4)

... and no reference at all the VLAN override in the access response.