WARNING: Outer and inner identities are the same. User privacy is compromised.

Alan Buxey alan.buxey at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 15:39:36 CEST 2017

its a warning that you might be interested in - as it says '"WARNING:
Outer and inner identities are the same.  User privacy is
compromised." - so, if the outer, readable
by others on the transit, identity is the same as the inner (securely
tunnelled attribute), then since the inner ID *is* the ID for
authentication, then the outer ID contains
that same value and thus others will know the real userID of the user.
  now, you may not care about privacy/anonymity of the user at remote
locations...if you do
then you should care about this warning and ensure that the outer ID
is eg just @realm  rather than userid at realm - or, second best
anonymous at realm for the outerID

alan