FreeRADIUS + Microsoft Active Directory

 Konstantin Knaab-Hinrichs paradonym at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 8 17:18:48 CEST 2017

My colleagues and I guessed that FreeRADIUS uses user credentials
automatically if no identity is set in mods-available/ldap because we
couldn't figure it out based on what's in the freeradius wiki.

Where do I recognize that this is the problem when authenticating? reading
the radiusd -X output shows me a successful LDAP bind, but everything
results in an Access-Reject after no answer from the Microsofft Active
Directories LDAP. Maybe it's because of FreeRADIUS doesn't uses user
credentials and not the fault of the LDAP... Thanks - I'll try to figure
this out.