Freeradius Proxy - Framed IP Address Accounting attribute

Byron Jeffery byronjeffery at cem.org.au
Sun Jun 11 11:41:32 CEST 2017

Hi All

We are trailing a wifi system that does not send through the Framed IP
Address attribute to our accounting server after the clients have
successfully authenticated (EAP-PEAP-MSCHAP authentication) against a
FreeRadius server hosted at another site within our WAN.

I am of the mindset of setting up a Freeradius proxy server locally onsite
with the purpose of sending back an accounting start with the Framed IP
Address attribute to the accounting server but am unsure if this is even
possible as I am unsure if the freeradius server would be able to determine
the clients IP address as only the clients MAC address is passed to the
radius server during authentication.

I was unable to find any documentation that would support this, and would
hope that someone could point me in the right direction.

   - Regards

   - Byron