add attribute when proxying

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jun 29 16:38:53 CEST 2017

On Jun 29, 2017, at 10:34 AM, denis <den.zinevich at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have setup made according to robust proxy accounting guide.
> Now I need freeradius to add Tmp-String-1 attribute to each Access-Request
> sent to proxy.

  No.  The "Tmp-" variables are internal to the server, and *cannot* be sent in a packet.

  You need to use a standard attribute, or a Vendor-Specific one.

  And, the home server has to already understand the attribute you're sending.  You can't just invent an attribute, send it to the home server, and expect the home server to do something with it.

  Instead of asking why your solution doesn't work, you should describe the problem.  There is usually another solution which works better.

  i.e. What data are you sending to the home server? Why?  What will the home server do with that data?