default authentication via windows active directory LDAP instead of /users

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Mar 8 20:52:00 CET 2017

Hi,

> different than the installed .conf files.
> http://confluence.diamond.ac.uk/display/PAAUTH/Using+LDAP+as+authentication+source
> <http://confluence.diamond.ac.uk/display/PAAUTH/Using+LDAP+as+authentication+source>

ANOTHER 3rd party web site. this a contual habit of yours?

> wiki links to this article) states that eap.conf (/freeradius/eap.conf in
> my case) that nothing has to be changed in eap.conf if you use Microsoft
> PEAP - which I think is the case for a microsoft domain controller.

things have to be changed - things specific to youy - eg EAP type, the certificate
you need to use , your CA etc etc

> After editing /sites-available/inner-tunnel (the mods-available alternative
> for debian I think) like the above diamond.ac.uk link states results in
> these messages when trying to debug-start freeradius

mods-available is for modules that are available - , sites-available is for sites
that are available.

note AVAILABLE

to ensur ethey are being used, you need to check the contents of sites-enabled
and mods-enabled

this is true for 3.0.x on ANY OS, its not specific to an OS

> > /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[170]: ERROR: Unknown value ldap
> > for attribute Auth-Type

correct.  read he provided inline documentation in the config files. its all there.

check you have ldap enabled (in mods-enabled)

alan