TTLS+PAP with Windows

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed Mar 15 09:53:39 CET 2017

Herman Øie Kolden <herman at samfundet.no> writes:
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 07:12:28PM -0400, Alan DeKok wrote:
>
>>   I don't recommend using public CAs for WiFi authentication.  It's insecure.
>
> Interesting. Would you mind explaining why?

/usr/share/doc/freeradius/examples/certs/README in the Debian package
says

      In general, you should use self-signed certificates for 802.1x
    (EAP) authentication.  When you list root CAs from other
    organizations in the "CA_file", you permit them to masquerade as
    you, to authenticate your users, and to issue client certificates
    for EAP-TLS.

Bjørn