Pool Priority

Fabricio Viana fabricioviana at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 21 06:33:31 CET 2017

Hello! Need some help:

Thanks!
Fabricio

I have 350 clients (about 300 online all the time), but I have only 256 public IP addresses (/24).

So I created a unique pool (named pool_clients) with the 256 IPs and another 128 private IPs. All in the same pool.

The problem: sometimes clients gets an private IP address but there are public IPs addresses available.

I want that clients gets private IPs only when there are no public IPs for distribution.

I have two ideas how to do that:

#1 - make two different pools and only if first pool have no addresses go to second pool.

#2 - make just one pool with public IPs first, private IPs last and change the allocate_find select to order by id.

I dont know if #1 is possible and, if it is, how to do that. I would need some help.

#2 ideia seems to be the best solution.

Is there another way to solve this?

Best Regards!
Fabricio Viana