iOS mysterious issues on Freeradius 3.0.14

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 22 18:10:40 CET 2017

On Mar 22, 2017, at 1:06 PM, John Tobin <jtobin at po-box.esu.edu> wrote:
> My problem may be that apple devices are no longer accepting self signed
> certs,

  There has to be something else going on.  I'm using a self-signed certificate every day with OSX to get WiFi access.  The certificate was created with the standard FreeRADIUS OpenSSL scripts.

  So that just works.

  How did you create the self-signed certificate?  What openssl config file / command-line did you use?

  My *guess* here is that you're using older digest (or other) options which Windows accepts, and OSX doesn't... for security.  Re-ussing the certificate with modern digest / options should make it work.