iOS mysterious issues on Freeradius 3.0.14

Brian Julin BJulin at clarku.edu
Wed Mar 22 18:20:21 CET 2017

> This is not easy research, since the error messages you receive no one
else seems to see.
> My problem may be that apple devices are no longer accepting self signed
certs, but I have also looked at os x upgrades [home brew/openssl
problems] for openssl.

If the OS is rejecting the cert (or visa versa), you'll see something like:

Error: TLS Alert fatal: blah blah blah

The original poster was getting all the way through MS-CHAP inner authentication,
so it was could not have been a certificate issue since the TLS tunnel had successfully
established.