Certificates issue in android terminals (EAP-TLS)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Mar 24 00:00:05 CET 2017

On Mar 23, 2017, at 4:49 PM, Daniel Lopez <danilogo1991 at gmail.com> wrote:
> This problem is not specifically of freeradius but maybe someone can help
> me.
> After a painful process I finally got my Freeradius 2.2.8 server to run
> with only EAP-TLS authentication  (my experience with freeradius is still
> short).

  If it's painful, ask for help.  And version 3 is a lot easier to configure for EAP-TLS.

> But I've found a problem: when I install ca and user certificates
> in an antroid terminal all goes well first time i connect, but if I restart
> the device, or even if I switch from a wifi conection to another, or i set
> "forget" the conection, my device loses the certificates, so i have to
> install it again in order to access the network, it happens me with various
> devices of different models and brands, after i google it a little i've
> found some people with the same problem, but no solution.
> Could anyone help me with this issue? What is causing this behaviour?
> Has anyone a succesfull experience with eap-tls and android devices?
> Any help will be appretiated. Thanks in advance.

  My guess is that the certificates are installed in the terminal session... not in the device WiFi configuration.

  Use a standard way of installing the certificates, and it should work.  See http://802.1x-config.org, that may help.