Freeradius with existing asp.net identity DB

Simon Coy simon at cavell.eu
Mon May 8 13:57:35 CEST 2017

Hello,

I would like to attach a Freeradius instance to an existing database of users/passwords.  ASP.net identity stores passwords with the following hashing specification:

         * PBKDF2 with HMAC-SHA256, 128-bit salt, 256-bit subkey, 10000 iterations.

         * Format: { 0x01, prf (UInt32), iter count (UInt32), salt length (UInt32), salt, subkey }

         * (All UInt32s are stored big-endian.)

Does anybody know if this is compatible with Freeradius out of the box?

I can see from the docs that SHA-2 is supported but it's not clear to me whether the above configuration will work.

Many thanks,

Simon