Session State

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu May 11 17:10:05 CEST 2017

> On May 11, 2017, at 10:09 AM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
>
> On May 11, 2017, at 10:03 AM, Xavier Maysonnave <x.maysonnave at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>> Is there a way to retrieve the Session State attributes in an
>> Accounting-Request from what is known in its Access-Accept counterpart ?
>
>  No.
>
>  We're working on changing that in v4.

You can do it with rlm_cache if Acct-Session-ID is present in the Access-Request, just use Acct-Unique-Session-ID as the key, and use:

	&session-state: += &session-state:[*]

as the attribute mapping in the cache module.

Then call the cache module in post-auth, and preacct.

That's essentially what we'd do for v4 too, it'd just be in a default policy somewhere.

-Arran