Load balance LDAP servers for group checking

Petar Marinkovic highl1 at gmail.com
Mon May 15 10:58:26 CEST 2017

Thanks. This message got lost in the chain, if anyone can maybe verify what
I am doing is right:

I have this in my ldap module config

        # seconds to wait for LDAP query to finish. default: 20
        timeout = 4

        #  seconds LDAP server has to process the query (server-side
        #  time limit). default: 20
        #
        #  LDAP_OPT_TIMELIMIT is set to this value.
        timelimit = 3

        #
        #  seconds to wait for response of the server. (network
        #   failures) default: 10
        #
        #  LDAP_OPT_NETWORK_TIMEOUT is set to this value.
        net_timeout = 1

And I am almost positve that I didn't change this one. Does this means I am
only allowing 4 seconds for LDAP query to finish, and only 3 for LDAP to
process? Also, timeout is just 1 second, which seems pretty low.
Guess that if my settings here are wrong, I can fix my problem just by
setting bigger values, since the LDAP is not down

Thanks for all your help!