Problem with LDAP authentication

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu May 18 20:19:01 CEST 2017

On May 18, 2017, at 1:58 PM, Pircher, Sabine <sabine.pircher at tum.de> wrote:

> I set up a wifi-system, authenticating via freeradius v3.0.12 and openldap. During the configuration I run into a problem, which I can’t understand.
> - Works: Authentication of the testuser ‘bob’ via EAP

  What did you use for a test client?  eapol_test?  Or a real system?

> - Works: Radtest authentication of the user ‘spircher’ via ldap is also working fine. “radtest –x spircher test 127.0.0.1:1812 0 testing123”

  Which doesn't test the end system.  i.e. certificates, etc.

> - Not working: Authentication of the user ‘spircher’ via ldap and eap
> Attached my debugging output.
>
> Do you have any ideas how to solve it?

  The supplicant is giving up.  If you had waited a few more seconds, you would see more debug output which points you to a Wiki page.  That page describes what's going on.

  Odds are you didn't put the CA certificate on the end user machine.

  See http://deployingradius.com for a "how to" guide.  There are detailed and explicit instructions for what to do, along with what can go wrong, and why.