BYOD User and dynamic vlan

Scott Armitage S.P.Armitage at lboro.ac.uk
Fri May 19 16:14:20 CEST 2017

> On 19 May 2017, at 14:53, Luc Paulin <paulinster at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I was wondering if it would be something possible to assign vlan based on
> the authentication type.
>
> I would like to enable wireless access to all user so they can login using
> the AD credentials. However corporate system would have to use a
> certificate so they can be place in another vlan in order to be able access
> corporate resource.
>
> Any other byod/security suggestions is welcome!

Easy enough.  Just some unlang in post-auth should do the trick.

To assign the vlan for AD based logins simply assign the VLAN in the inner-tunnel post auth. e.g.:

post-auth {

	 update reply {
         	&Tunnel-Medium-Type := "IEEE-802"
                &Tunnel-Type := “VLAN"
		&Tunnel-Private-Group-Id := “5678"
                &Termination-Action := "RADIUS-Request"
         }

	update {
                &outer.session-state: += &reply:
        }

Then in the outer tunnel post-auth add the vlan override for cert based auth. e.g.:

post-auth {

if (&EAP-Type == 13) {
    update reply {
                                &Tunnel-Medium-Type := "IEEE-802"