ntlm_auth woes

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 29 13:53:23 CEST 2017

On May 28, 2017, at 4:16 PM, Tim ODriscoll <tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm running freeradius 2.1.12

  Why?  That's 6 years old, and is horribly out of date.

> ntlm_auth works fine from the command line, using username and password,

  As root?  or as the "radiusd" user?

> Can anyone offer some pointers as to where I can dig into next to solve this?

  It's either a permissions error, or AD is really returning a logon failure.

  FreeRADIUS is just running ntlm_auth and getting an answer.  No amount of poking FreeRADIUS will fix this, as the problem is somewhere from ntlm_auth on down...