ntlm_auth woes

Tim ODriscoll tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk
Mon May 29 15:46:52 CEST 2017

On 29 May 2017 14:32
On May 29, 2017, at 8:23 AM, Tim ODriscoll <tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk> wrote:
>> I tried both, but it seems it's when I try chap authentication (using challenge and nt-response arguments) >> with ntlm_auth is when it breaks.

>  CHAP won't work with ntlm_auth:

Thank you for the link.. I meant to say 'mschapv2' :-) Samba labels it as 'CRAP' - Challenge Response Authentication Protocol in it's log files.

wbinfo appears to be able to use some kind of CRAP according to the logs, but ntlm_auth isn't able to get it right, either because the challenge/nt-responses are wrong or because of something else.

Many thanks,

Tim