two questions about migration from FR 2.X to 3.X

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Nov 3 12:14:41 CET 2017

On Nov 3, 2017, at 7:05 AM, Anton Kiryushkin <swood at fotofor.biz> wrote:
> Returning to the question about a mschap. I have the next debug log:

  PLEASE use "radiusd -X".  DON'T use "radiusd -Xx".  Honestly, this is almost a daily complaint now.

  The instructions say to use "radiusd -X" for a reason.  If we wanted the output of "-Xx", we would ask for it.  And we didn't ask for it.  So we don't want it.

  The debug output shows that you put Cleartext-Password into an SQL database.  And then configured the "sql" module in the "default" virtual server.  But didn't configure it in the "inner-tunnel" virtual server.

  It helps to pay attention.  You can't just randomly make changes, and expect them to  work.  You have to *understand* what the server is doing, and what you're doing.

  If you put users into "sql", and *don't* list "sql" in the inner-tunnel... then of *course* it's not going to work.