Building from source with postgres support

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Mon Nov 6 15:46:33 CET 2017

On Mon, 2017-11-06 at 14:42 +0000, Toby Walsh wrote:
> I am compiling Freeradius
> 3.0.15 on a
> separate container and hoping to use Postgres as the store. radtest
> with
> bob/hello works fine. However I realised when I tried to set up
> Postgres
> support that it fails with rlm_sql_postgresql.so not found. I'm
> guessing
> that the compile process detects database support and only builds in
> binding libraries if it finds that database on the same system?

It builds if the dev libraries for the database are available. It
doesn't look for the database itself.

See the output of the configure script.

> Freeradius is on a Centos 7.4 container, Postgres 10 is on
> Debian container.

There are Dockerfiles in the FreeRADIUS source which will build a
fully-featured FreeRADIUS. You could try them? See the v4.0.x branch on
github in scripts/docker.

--
Matthew