Building from source with postgres support

Toby Walsh walshtj at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 16:24:25 CET 2017

Thanks Matthew and Alan.

I didn't know there were dockerfiles in v4.0. That's nice! I might have a
look.

On top of Docker, just to make it more complicated, I'm running the build
process from Python and the parts that build the Docker images and run the
containers is through Ansible, so that hides stdout and stderr by default.
As a result I don't see the output of configure unless I run "docker build"
against my dockerfile manually. I probably should have in this circumstance
but as I hoped you guys pointed me in the right direction.

Alan, I'm building from source and don't really want to resort to RPMs. I
could I guess, but I'm used to getting messages from the mailing list about
compiling from source and staying up to date rather than rely on outdated
distributions roadmaps.