Enabling accounting on Freeradius 3.0.15

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Nov 8 14:54:09 CET 2017

On Nov 8, 2017, at 6:10 AM, Peter Hutchison <p.j.hutchison at hud.ac.uk> wrote:

> I intend on enabling accounting on Freeradius so I can log user sessions including username and IP address of the user device.
>
> I think it is something to do with linelog module and the default (or my eduroam) virtual server accounting section. Is this correct?

  It depends on what you want.  If you want logs with one line per entry, use linelog.  If you want logs in SQL, use SQL.

> Has anyone deployed accounting logging and how they did it. Some useful instructions would be useful. Thanks.

  Yes, people have deployed accounting logging for 20 years.  It's not hard.

  The server contains instructions for configuring all modules.  Each module contains detailed documentation for how it's configured.  The virtual servers contain documentation and examples for how the modules are used.

  So... what do you want to do?  If you say that, we can point you to specific documentation.