How to -> Accounting Monthly Update?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Nov 8 20:08:18 CET 2017

On Nov 8, 2017, at 1:43 PM, Igor Karolesky <igor.karolesky at corp.visaonet.com.br> wrote:
> I'm using freeradius 2.1.12 (can't upgrade it)

  The usual reasons for not upgrading are political.

  If you want to convince your boss to allow an upgrade, read this page:

http://freeradius.org/security/fuzzer-2017.html

> My accounting is working finely but i don't know how to make it update monthly or weekly.

  What does that mean?

> Don't know here to configure it. Don't know where the fuck i put the Acct-Interim-Update.

  Politeness does help...

> I have found a usefull book tho. But I can't reply what i learned on it to my actual network.

  If you want to change the update interval, just add Acct-Interim-Update to the reply, with the appropriate value:

authorize {
	update reply {
		Acct-Interim-Update = 3600

  But be aware that:

- not all NASes will honour this.  Many will ignore ie.
- the allowed values are still limited.  Minutes to hours will likely work.
- setting Acct-Interim-Update to days will likely be ignored by the NAS, or set to a maximum value such as 3600.