Proxy / reply translation

Richard J Palmer richard at merula.net
Thu Nov 9 11:20:23 CET 2017

Hi

We are looking to tun an LNS for a customer who has their own radius -
we will effectively proxy the radius requests to them.

However we need to 'translate' the reply to work with our LNS devices
and wondered if someone could provide some pointers.

Their radius will currently return something like:

Framed-IP-Address = 1.2.3.1
    Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.240
    Cisco-AVPair = "ip:route=1.2.3.1 255.255.255.240"
    Service-Type = Framed-User

However we need

Framed-IP-Address = 1.2.3.1
    Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.240
    Framed-Route = "1.2.3.1/28"
    Service-Type = Framed-User

It does not matter IF the Cisco-AVPair is in place or not. As we don't
hold the radius data here (and I am not convinced 100% that they can
easily amend this their side I was wondering how easy ulang or similar
could parse this and amend the reply on the proxy

Is this relatively easy to do ?

Thanks in advance

Richard Palmer | Director | Merula Limited
Company Registered in England and Wales No. 3243995
5 Avro Court, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6XS
Phone 01480 222940 | Support 0845 330 0666
Support Email support at merula.net