Proxy / reply translation

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Nov 9 14:34:48 CET 2017

On Nov 9, 2017, at 8:19 AM, Richard J Palmer <richard at merula.net> wrote:
> This is where my skills are not great (regex) most other areas I can work with. Ultimately I am happy to pay someone to help write the little bit of code that does this. I do need to cope with Netmasks from  /32 to /24 so a few switch cases.

  It shouldn't be difficult.

> Alternatively if someone can provide a few pointers on that bit I can probably build from there.

  If you have:

>>>    Cisco-AVPair = "ip:route=1.2.3.1 255.255.255.240"

  Step 1, split it into pieces:

	if (&Cisco-AVPair =~ /ip:route=([^ ]+) ([^ ]+)/) {

  This matches the "ip:route" prefix.  It then matches non-space data, then a space, and more non-space data.  As per the FR documentation, the first match goes into %{1}, and the second into %{2}.

  As there are only a limited number of net masks, you can expand the net mask, and switch over it (inside of the "if" block from above)

	switch "%{2}" {
		case "255.255.255.255" {
			update reply {
				Framed-Route = "%{1}/32"

		case "255.255.255.254" {
			update reply {
				Framed-Route = "%{1}/31"

		case "255.255.255.252" {
			update reply {
				Framed-Route = "%{1}/30"

		# and the "catch all" case, just mash it to /28
		case {
			update reply {
				Framed-Route = "%{1}/28"

  A little verbose, but it should work.